Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, July 20, 2008

Reason Number Like 1 Billion Why I Love My Mother!


So, being 18, I've been going to Relief Society and the adult Sunday School with my parents. I actually love it, and I love how welcome they've all made me feel. So, a few weeks ago in combined Relief Society/Priesthood, the topic was "bringing up a righteous posterity." All of the parents are talking about how great it was having member friends in their homes and how every child needs good member friends. I'm sitting there, kind of uncomfortable because besides Kayla, my friends have all been non-members. So my mom raises her hand and says "Its not just member friends they need. My daughter, Tara, had three good friends that weren't members and they were amazing examples to her. They had good standards and were raised in good homes, and just as good as member friends. Maybe better." I was so touched by that! It was great and I felt awesome after that. "Plus," she said later, "what kind of example are we setting if we don't allow our children to be friends with non-members?" True story, mom. So that's reason 1 billion why I love my mother! :)

7 comments:

Ruth said...

Awww, Tara. Couldn't you find a better picture?!? EEEEE!!!

camille swain said...

i didn't know you were a blogger! What a cool story of your mom. Moms can be the GREATEST!

Melanie said...

Your mom looks cute here. I would love for you to babysit, but just come and visit too. Silas and I are LOTS of FUN!!!

Jennifer said...

I love how you love your mom so much!! :) Mom's are great aren't they? I just hope I can be as great of a mom as mine is!! :) I'm glad you have a blog!! :)

Emily said...

TARA!!!!!
WAHHHHH

Fara said...

Tara, I got your message about the Day boy. I'll work on lining it up. When do you leave again. Maybe I'll see you Tuesday (piano)
Fara

oakleyses said...

nike roshe run, birkin bag, ugg, reebok outlet, uggs, lululemon outlet, canada goose, new balance shoes, p90x, ugg australia, mcm handbags, canada goose outlet, herve leger, ugg boots clearance, chi flat iron, jimmy choo outlet, canada goose jackets, marc jacobs, soccer shoes, instyler, ferragamo shoes, abercrombie and fitch, mac cosmetics, soccer jerseys, valentino shoes, giuseppe zanotti, bottega veneta, north face jackets, rolex watches, mont blanc, ghd, ugg boots, wedding dresses, insanity workout, asics running shoes, vans shoes, north face outlet, uggs outlet, babyliss pro, nfl jerseys, beats by dre, celine handbags, canada goose, ugg pas cher, ugg boots